The extension works by providing a connection point between Ajax Load More and SearchWP and is available for users running at least Ajax Load More 2.13.0 and SearchWP 2.6.1.
- Activate plugin.
- Create Ajax Load More shortcode with a unique ID parameter.
- Add custom
alm_query_argsfilter to your theme functions.php – Learn More.
Uploading in WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to the ‹Add New› in the plugins dashboard
- Navigate to the ‹Upload› area
ajax-load-more-for-searchwp.zipfrom your computer
- Click ‹Install Now›
- Activate the plugin in the Plugin dashboard
- Extract the
ajax-load-more-for-searchwpdirectory to your computer.
- Upload the
ajax-load-more-for-searchwpdirectory to the
- Ensure Ajax Load More is installed prior to activating the plugin.
- Activate the plugin in the WP plugin dashboard.
What version of SearchWP is this plugin compatible with?
Requires SearchWP > 2.6.1
How does this work?
How do I pass a search term to SearchWP
You can pass search term to your Ajax Load More shortcode. [ajax_load_more search=»My Search Query» id=»searchwp»]
Can I choose my SearchWP search engine?
Yes, when you add your
alm_query_argsfilter, you can specify a search engine.
$engine = ‹my_custom_engine›;
How do I highlight the search term in the search results?
In your Ajax Load More Repeater Template you can do the following, which uses the SearchWP Highlighter.
$excerpt = get_the_excerpt( $post );
echo alm_searchwp_highlight( $excerpt, $args );
Contributors & Developers
“Ajax Load More for SearchWP” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.0.2 – April 17, 2021
- UPDATE – Added support for highlighting the search term in SearchWP results with Ajax Load More. See plugin FAQs.
1.0.1 – November 28, 2016
- UPDATE – Updating SWP_Query to only return post IDs.
1.0 – November 25, 2016
- Initial Release.