When this plugin is activated and the title of a post or page is changed, the permalink (slug) of the post or page is automatically updated to reflect the new title. There is an option to disable this functionality on a one-time basis when saving.
If you like this plugin, please consider making a donation.
- Click «Plugins» > «Add New» in the WordPress admin menu.
- Search for «Automatically Update Permalinks».
- Click «Install Now».
- Click «Activate Plugin».
Alternatively, you can manually upload the plugin to your wp-content/plugins directory.
Contributors & Developers
“Automatically Update Permalinks” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix: The plugin functionality was not working for posts created with the block editor (Gutenberg)
- Only disable permalinks for manual post updates (via ) to avoid conflicts with importing plugins etc.
- Change author, tested up, license
- Initial release