This plugin allows members to share their location when posting activities; you can add places where you visited, nearby locations using Google Place API.
AutoComplete feature: You can add a location for your choice. Start typing location name, and it will suggest based on your input, and you can select it.
Google Place API key is required for it, and You can create your key from Google Place Web Service Documentation link.
It will also show a google map for all the activity posts that has a location.
If you need additional help, you can contact us for BuddyPress Check-ins.
OUR ADON PLUGINS TO FURTHER IMPROVE YOUR BUDDYPRESS OR BUDDYBOSS PLATFORM COMMUNITY
Check out free community add-ons by Wbcom Designs:
- Wbcom Designs – BuddyPress Member Reviews Allow members to add ratings or feedback to other community members.
- Wbcom Designs – BuddyPress Group Reviews Allow members to add ratings or feedback to BuddyPress groups.
- Wbcom Designs – BuddyPress Activity Social Share Allow members to share activities on their social profiles like Facebook, Twitter, What’s App, LinkedIn with OG metadata.
- Wbcom Designs – Private Community with BP Lock A plugin to make your community private and only accessible to logged-in users. It also allows you to keep select pages or the component public.
- Wbcom Designs – BuddyPress Job Manager Allows your to integrate WP Job Manager plugin to BuddyPress.
- Wbcom Designs – Check-ins for BuddyPress Activity Allow members to add their location or post their Check-ins updates to activity.
- Wbcom Designs – BuddyPress Favorite Notification Allow members to be notified after any like or favorite on their BuddyPress activity.
- Wbcom Designs – Shortcodes & Elementor Widgets For BuddyPress It offers shortcodes and elementor widgets for the activity listing, member’s directory display, and the group’s directory on any post/page.
Check out paid community add-ons by Wbcom Designs:
- Wbcom Designs – BuddyPress Hashtags Allows members to use hashtags in BuddyPress or BuddyBoss Platform activities and bbPress topics..
- Wbcom Designs – BuddyPress Polls It allows you to extend BuddyPress or BuddyBoss Platform Activity for members to publish Polls with various options and works perfectly for individual activities and group activities.
- Wbcom Designs – BuddyPress Quotes It allows the feature to let members post their activity updates with interactive background selection such as colors and images set by the site administrator to tell a more expressive story.
- Wbcom Designs – BuddyPress Status & Reaction Allow your members to set a status icon and tagline on their profile and offer a big set of icons to react to published activities.
- Wbcom Designs – BuddyPress Profanity Allow you to censor content in your community! Easily Censor all the unwanted words in activities, private messages contents by specifying a list of keywords to be filtered.
- Wbcom Designs – BuddyPress Sticky Post Allows site administrators to prioritize certain activities over others. It lets admin pin-up site-wide and group activities to the top of the activity list.
- Wbcom Designs – BuddyPress Auto Friends Allow the site admin to select global friends for all his members and add bulk global friends.
- Wbcom Designs – Shortcodes & Elementor Widgets For BuddyPress Pro It offers shortcodes and elementor widgets with various argument parameters for the activity listing, member’s directory display, and the group’s directory on any post/page.
We are ready to provide incredible support. Ask your questions at contact us directly.
Upload the entire bp-check-in folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the ‹Plugins› menu in WordPress.
Does This plugin requires BuddyPress?
Yes, It needs you to have BuddyPress installed and activated.
What is the use of API Key option provided in general settings section?
With the help of Google Places API Key, a user can check-in with places autocomplete while updating post in BuddyPress and list checked in a location in google map.
Does this plugin require current location service?
Yes, this plugin require location service and you can allow it from browser settings.
How can we add a place when updating post?
Just go to your profile section where you can update post, if you have checked place types option in check in setting where you can see a map marker icon clicking on which you can add your checked-in place but if you have checked autocomplete option then there you can see an auto-complete text box where you can type and select any location or place. After selection of any place, you can see a google map below it.
Where can I see all check-ins activity?
Check-ins filter option is provided in BuddyPress filter drop-down option to list all check-ins activity.
Where can I see favorite locations?
All favorite locations are listed under Check-ins tab at BuddyPress profile page.
How to set location at profile page?
The plugin provides x-profile location field to set location at BuddyPress edit profile page.
How to go for any custom development?
If you need additional help you can contact us for Wbcom Designs.
Contributors & Developers
“Wbcom Designs – Check-ins for BuddyPress Activity” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Wbcom Designs – Check-ins for BuddyPress Activity” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix: Admin verify and not verify button style
- Fix: (#120) Fixed extra fields visible on registration
- Fix: (#116) Fixed api verification always visible true
- Fix: (#119) Fixed added alert for secure origin
- Fix: (#118)Fixed conflict with buddyboss platform photos
- Fix: Fixed add photo issue on member profile with buddyboss
- Fix: Managed notice UI
- Fix: (#113)fixed bb forums conflict
- Fix: (#115) Fixed group activity not deleted issue
- Fix: Updated Admin Wrapper
- Fix – Removed extra white space from welcome page
- Fix – Reduced setInterval timeout with bb platform
- Fix – (#112) Added RTL support
- Fix – (#110) Fixed Add to my location issue
- Fix – (#109) Fixed nonce verification message issue
- Fix – Fixed phpcs issue
- Fix – #108 – BuddyPress activity post form submit issue
- Fix – phpcs issues
- Fix – Fixed phpcs issues
- Fix – Fixed plugin activation issue
- Fix – (#103) Managed ‹-at› language translation
- Fix – Managed ‹Add a place› language translation
- Fix – (#102) Update checkin icon and fixes
- Fix – (#102) Managed UI with bb platform 1.8.6
- Fix – Hide Quotes section when click on Checkin icon
- Fix – Hide Polls section when click on Checkins icon
- Fix – Fixed – Delete Quotes and Polls activity when user click on Checkin Icon
- Fix – Managed embeded activity frontend UI
- Fix – Fixed Checkin Support for activity Embed
- Fix – Fixed check-in panel position
- Fix – Manage map icon with buddyboss
- Fix – (#97) Fixed Location Field calculation Issue in Profile completion widget
- Fix – (#93) Managed UI with kleo
- Fix – (#94) Update map icon font awesome to svg
- Fix – (#95) Update title content html structure and accordion UI
- Fix -(#84)Fixed unable to mention friend
- Fix – call js and css when newfeed widget element set
- Fix – Hide activate option when open another option
- Fix – #108 – Compatibility issue with Checkins
- Fix – Fixed PHP Notices and warnings
- Fix – #83) Fixed delete location is not working
- Fix – #81) Fixed distort the location UI on single user profile
- Fix – #77) Fixed check in icon not showing if youzer is not installed
- Fix – #79) Fixed xprofile field settings
- Fix – #77) Fixed default youzer setting issue
- Fix – #75) Fixed – Translation issue
- Enhancement- (#78) Changed tab slug as per tab name
- Enhancement- Update BuddyPress Tab’s name as per settings
- Fix: PHPCS fixes
- Added: Youzer support
- Fix – Alingment issue with rtmedia
- Fix – Added plugin review notice.
- Fix – Hide Checking toggle to hide other button like Quotes, Polls
- Fix – updated settings
- Fix – Added condition for BuddyPress plugin already active
- Fix – Checkin listing will be displayed to logged in user at their profile only ( no public listing of checkins)
- Enhancement- Plugin backend settings ui enhancement.
- Enhancement- BP 4.3.0 compatibility.
- Fix- Google placetypes missing with nouveau #44.
- Fix- Add as my place fix #45.
- Enhancement- Multisite Support
- Enhancement- Code Quality Improviement with WPCS
- Fix – Tanslation Fixes
- Fix – UI Improvements
- Fix – Error with PHP 7.0+ version.
- Fix – Location fixes
- Fix – A New option autocomplete is added in check-ins plugin setting. Now you can check either autocomplete or place types options.
- Fix – If you check autocomplete, a autocomplete text box will be shown at the top of the page under textarea on member activity page where you can type and select any location from the list.
- Fix – All activity posts which have any place or location a google map will be shown below them to point that particular place.
- Enhancement – A new x-profile location field is added at BuddyPress profile page from where a user can set location.
- Fix – Dual File Fixes
- Fix – Location selection fixes
- Fix – Fixed Map Linking in activity for specific location
- Fix – Improved documentation and default Place type selection option
- Fix – Initial release.