BuddyPress Extended Friendship Request plugin allows users to send a personalized message with the friendship request on BuddyPress based Social Networks.
How it works:-
When a users clicks on Add friend, It shows him/her a small popup to enter some personalized message.
The user can enter a personalized message and click on the Send request to send the request.
Version 1.2+ uses WebUI-Popover by Sandy Duan.
We love BuddyPress and we have created 100+ BuddyPress plugins.
Please take a look at our
1. Free BuddyPress Plugins
1. Premium BuddyPress plugins
We hope that it will help you take your BuddyPress network to the next level.
BuddyPress Custom development & Maintenance Service
If you need any assistance with setting up or adding new features to BuddyPress or this plugin, Our team is available for hire.
Please use our BuddyPress Development Services for any custom development needs.
We appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. Please leave a comment on BuddyDev
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Download the zip file and extract
buddypress-extended-friendship-requestdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‹Plugins› menu in WordPress( Network activate if you are on multisite )
Does This plugin works without BuddyPress
No, It needs you to have BuddyPress Installed and activated
What is the supported BuddyPress Version?
2.9+, Tested with 4.2.
Where do I get support?
Please use BuddyDev support forums.
Can I hire you for BuddyPress development?
We will love to work with you. Please let us know if you need any of our services.
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyPress Extended Friendship Request” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added compatibility with BP Nouveau & BuddyBoss platform.
- Used webui popover. Fixes various issues related to placement of the popup.
- Allow using custom js event «bp-ext-friendship-popover:close» to close any active popover.
You can trigger it like jQuery(document).trigger(«bp-ext-friendship-popover:close» );
- Fix issue with friendship request email notification.
- add filter ‹bp_ext_friendship_default_message› to allow adding default message.
- Make translation files loading inline with wp standard
- Partial Code refactoring
- Fixed notice when wrapper-class is not set on buttons
- A small bit of code cleanup again
- Fixed to show popup even on reloading via ajax
- Remove the easeOutQuad easing with swing to avoid js error
- Fixed Fatal error: Cannot unset string offsets in bp-extended-friendship-request.php
- Fixes translation problems on ajax responses. Now the translations will work fine.
- Fix a notice message when request was removed
- Adds basic support for mobile devices
- Fix a possible security issue with displaying message
- Added Support for localization, thanks to the efforts of Anu Sharma(@anusharma).
- Initial release for BuddyPress 1.6+