Business Directory Plugin is the perfect solution for professionals who are looking for a simple directory website builder for WordPress! If you’re not tech savvy, no worries. You can quickly get started by installing this simple plugin. It doesn’t require any developer knowledge whatsoever on your end.
The Best Business Directory Plugin for WordPress
You’ve found the most popular, versatile, and easy to use WordPress directory plugin available. Increase interaction on your WordPress site, improve customer retention and add a generate revenue with our WordPress business directory plugin!
Our easy WordPress directory plugin allows you to take the listings you want and build a local directory, simple directory of providers, a real estate listings site, a Yellow-Pages directory, a Yelp clone with review sections, an address book directory, a book review site (like Goodreads), and much more.
Not only can you create business listings, but you can also build any other kind of listings directory. Build a team or employee directory, company directory, medical directory, and other web directory sites with our easy listing plugin.
Need a classifieds listings site? Try Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin – AWPCP.
Get Simple Listing Solutions
Here are just a few things our community is doing to build connections, help communities, and grow traffic with our directory website builder:
- Start a listing manager service for providers. (Like counselors, plumbers, electricians, house cleaning, locksmiths, therapists, wedding vendors, veterinarians, consultants, photographers, artists, authors, etc.)
- Make a Yelp-clone with reviews to connect travelers to hotels, tours, local businesses, and other visitor attractions.
- Help people find resources for a city or small community. (Like sporting club listings, a church directory, local farms with produce, and Chamber of Commerce.)
- Advertise businesses & sell listings to the owners.
- Offer listings as a membership feature.
- Help students make connections to study groups and an academic staff directory.
Create an online directory to become the “go to” source of your niche. Download Business Directory Plugin for WordPress now. It’s fast, easy, and flexible.
Free WordPress Listing Plugin Features
See all WordPress listing plugin features.
- Fully customizable form fields to submit listings
- Upload images per listing, allow restricted numbers of images based on plan
- Lots of image options: drag and drop image uploads, easy image ordering, primary image settings, thumbnail sizing and more
- Accept paid or free listings with Authorize.net
- Full support for recurring payments
- Allow for featured/sticky listings for an upgrade fee
- Widgets for Featured, Latest and Random listings, and a Search widget.
- Create multiple plans, which can be assigned to categories for posting
- Built in CSV import and export for easy directory listing creation
- Avoid spam listings with ReCaptcha
- Sorting options for categories, listings, and front-end for users to choose sort order
- Users who post can edit listings without access to the WP dashboard. Our directory software is a great listing manager.
- SEO Friendly using Yoast SEO, Rank Math, or All in One SEO
- Quick-search and sorting bar for listings for simple directory searches
- Advanced search screen with ability to show/hide fields available for search
- Mobile-friendly, responsive support when installed with a responsive theme
- Multilingual directories with WPML
- Integrates with popular plugins like NavXT Breadcrumbs and WP-PageNavi for easy use
Professional Directory Software Add-ons
Create an easy directory with more functionality with extra add-ons.
For a detailed list of features, please visit: BusinessDirectoryPlugin.com
- File Upload – Allow users to upload and manage attachments on listings. Include PDFs, text files, and images in business listings.
- Restrictions – Assign features to paid or sticky listing plans to give users incentive to upgrade.
- ZIP Code Search – ZIP code/postal code radius and proximity searches supporting a number of countries.
- Regions – Location based listing result filtering.
- Ratings and Reviews – Create reviews with connections to each listing to rate listings (with Schema.org microformat). It’s a WordPress review plugin!
- Google Maps – Display the geo location of the listing for a geo directory (categories, search, details — with custom map sizes)
- Discount Codes – Ability to offer discount codes based on a % or fixed amount with expirations.
- Claim Listings – Post claimable listings that other users can pay (or not) to claim.
- Enhanced Categories – Display images or icons with categories, with Parent-Child Categories.
Payment Gateways for Paid Listings (Premium)
- Stripe Gateway – Accept paid listings with Stripe payments.
- PayPal Gateway – Accept payments using PayPal.
- PayFast Gateway – Accept payments using PayFast.
- Authorize.net Gateway.
Premium Directory Themes
Transform your WP directory site the easy way with a few clicks. Our business directory templates are designed not to take over as a full WordPress theme.
- Elegant Grid Theme
- Modern Theme
- Business Card Theme
- Tabbed Theme
- Elegant Theme
- Mobile Compact Theme
- Restaurant Directory Theme
Please see our detailed Installation Guide for instructions on how to get going quickly with our business directory software.
Full documentation is also available.
What types of directories can I build?
Our directory website builder software combined with our add-on modules is the most powerful directory plugin on the market. The options are limitless. Here are a few types of directories you can create:
- Business listings
- Company directory
- Team directory
- Member directory
- Staff directory / Employee directory
- Hotel directory
- Medical directory
- Restaurant directory
- Church directory
- Travel review directories
- Software review sites
- Professional directory
- Local provider listings (like a Yelp clone)
- A Yellow Pages directory
- Online magazine listings
- Website listings
- Book review sites
Can I accept paid and free listings?
Yes it can. You can do this by creating plans for 0.00 and some other paid amount at the same time.
Do you have video tutorials for building WordPress directories?
Yes we do. They can be found here.
Will this plugin work with my theme?
Our WP directory plugin will work with any well-written, WP compliant theme. Generally speaking, paid themes tend to be higher quality than free ones.
Whatever theme you pick, we recommend using the Theme Check plugin (available for free on WordPress.org) to validate a theme. The more errors and warnings you see on the theme when you run that check, the worse the theme is. You can read more about it at https://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-check/
Can I translate my web directories?
Yes! We offer many user-provided translations under the /languages folder. It is already available in the following languages:
And you can also easily translate it yourself.
Is this plugin compatible with WordPress Multisite (WPMU)?
Yes it is. However, you cannot «network activate» the plugin (as this will share the database). Activate it on only the sub sites you need it.
This can be done under Plugins -> Add New as the Administrator user. Do not «network activate» as the «super admin».
Contributors & Developers
“Business Directory Plugin – Easy Listing Directories for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Business Directory Plugin – Easy Listing Directories for WordPress” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- New: Add more currencies including a custom currency option. Simplify the settings for currencies.
- New: Allow child pages to be created under the business-directory page.
- Hide the directory slug setting when it’s not needed.
- New: Add wpbdp_use_single hook to tell themes to use the category template page instead of the page template.
- Better integration with Breadcrumbs NavXT: keep the home page link, prevent the BD page from showing twice with some settings, and use a link on the BD page.
- Fix: Correctly process shortcodes and apply filters in content when the settings are on in the field.
- Fix: The Elementor page content wasn’t able to override the BD content.
- Fix: Load Divi styling on category pages too.
- Fix: Fatal error on category pages when CPT integration was disabled.
- Fix: Some themes (like Divi) showed repeat content on category pages.
- If thumbnails are turned off, and images are showing in a gallery with the listing, then show the thumbnail image there too.
- Set payment date and time to read only if there’s a subscription.
- On Auth.net checkout page, place exp month and year in same line.
- Optimize loading time for sites with a lot of users, but no user matching the admin email address for the site.
- Add new hooks to change image sizes for images from fields: wpbdp_img_width and wpbdp_img_size
- Fix: Save the payment date if it’s changed manually.
- Fix: Some themes were showing no content for a single listing.
- Fix: Show the correct category name in Block themes too.
- Fix: Save the thumbnail and save reordering images from the admin area.
- Fix: Correctly show validation messages for a required checkbox.
- Fix: Allow the same value to by used in multiple checkbox fields.
- Fix: Some sites were getting an error during the database upgrade process.
- Fix: Show the current variable plan price for logged out users.
- Fix: Redirect to the login page from the new listing form when logging in is required.
- Fix: The listings weren’t showing alphabetically in new installations, if the sorting settings hadn’t been updated.
- Fix: Category pages on non-block themes were using the category in the wrong places.
- Fix: The French translation has some issues that were causing errors.
- New: Show «draft» status on the manage listings page.
- New: Apply grids to manage listings page so it matches the main list.
- Fix: Prevent an issue with page caching reusing post IDs. Now, the new listing form is loaded with ajax when logged out with a new hook to turn it off: wpbdp_ajax_load_form.
- Fix: Add more protection for editing listings by only those with permission.
- Fix: The title of the first listing was showing instead of the category name on the category page.
- Fix: The menu sidebar was too short on some admin pages.
- Rearrange image settings to be more logical.
- Removed the wpbdp_listings_expiration_check cron that was no longer being used.
- New: Added a setting to choose between the thumbnail from the theme, BD, or neither. This setting is under Appearance -> Images.
- Fix: Categories and Tags were missing when editing from the admin area.
- New: Switched to using the H1s from the WordPress theme instead of hiding it and including it in the listing content. This resolves SEO conflicts, more closely matches your theme, and prevents future conflicts with new themes.
- New: Use the block editor in the back-end for listings.
- Replace count_users with get_user_count for better performance when eidting a listing on the back-end.
- Fix: An error appeared when some widgets were used in non-listing pages.
- IMPORTANT: Removed some code that has been deprecated for several years. Update carefully if you have old custom templates.
- Show settings urls on the Modules page if the module provides it.
- Add 6.0 tab formatting in admin listing metabox.
- Rename «featured levels» to «restrictions».
- Fix: Show menu image icons when allow_url_fopen is off.
- Fix: The new expiration date wasn’t showing until after a listing was saved in the admin area.
- Fix: Some listings were getting an error when renewed.
- Remove the licenses tab if it’s not needed.
- A few admin styling tweeks including toggles.
- Fix: Admin settings weren’t hiding conditionally.
- Fix: There was a php warning showing when AUTH_KEY was missing.
- Fix: Handle tags pages in a better way, using the new wpbdp_tax_types hook.
- Fix: Prevent duplicate heading in taxonomy modal when another plugin adds a heading.
- New: wpbdp_tab_content hook for adding content to the settings tabs.