WARNING: This plugin is for advanced users. If used incorrectly it could wipe out all your content!
Keeping databases in sync between development, staging and live servers can be a pain. This plugin lets you
link together several WordPress installations by sharing a secret token. Once linked, administrators can pull
or push the entire database between servers with just a click.
Currently syncs database only, not uploaded files.
The plugin will attempt to make local backups of the database before overwriting. These are stored as gzipped SQL
files in wp-content/plugins/database-sync/backups/dbYYYYMMDD.HHMMSS.sql.gz The backups directory should be made
writable, and you should keep an eye on it if you sync often as it will grow in size.
See Installation instructions.
- Install as usual.
- Activate plugin.
- Repeat 1 & 2 on each server that you want to link.
- Go to Tools > Database Sync on the main server and copy the token.
- On the other server(s), go to Tools > Database Sync and paste the token.
You are now set up to pull from and push to the main server.
Contributors & Developers
“Database Sync” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Database Sync” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Extra URL sanitisation.
- Fixed XSS vulnerability.
- Support for dumping and syncing MySQL VIEWs.
- Fixed E_NOTICE warning. Thanks to miniragnarok.
$wpdbinstead of deprecated
mysqliextension. Thanks to Simon East.
- Fixed manual dump download filename. Thanks to Ronald Mansveld.
- Initial public release.
- Internal testing.