Default Category is a a helpful workflow tool:
Enforce editorial standards for posts
A quick reference for content editors that aren’t regular contributors
Each user can have their own set of default categories
Site-wide categories will be applied if a user has not specified their own default categories
Default Category is also multisite compatible as it has been designed for a multisite environment.
- Activate the plugin through the ‹Plugins› menu in WordPress
- WordPress already has a setting to do this
By default, WordPress only allows a global default category.
WordPress Default Categoryallows multiple categories to be selected based on user or site-wide settings.
- What if a user profile doesn’t specify any default categories?
Any new post from the user will inherit the categories selected in the
WordPress Default Categorysettings page.
- Does this plug-in work for custom post types?
It’s designed for the default post type. Maybe in the future.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Default Category” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added user-level category support
- Approved for listing on WordPress.org
- Initial working version