Defer Media is a plugin for speed up your website and defer not needed medias which out of the screen when page loaded.
Then, when you scroll down the page, it will load images/videos/iframes automatically or pre-load it even if it it not visible yet (can be adjusted with Appearance Offset parameters).
This plugin will apply the following actions:
– Defer images (standard [img] tag and also [picture] src sets)
– Defer background images (if style=»background-image» applied for some block)
– Defer Videos ([video], [source] tags)
– Defer Youtube embedded videos (iframe)
– Defer any Iframes ([iframe] tag)
You can see plugin demo on this page:
Defer Media demo
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen or upload the plugin files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‹Plugins› screen in WordPress.
- Use the Settings->Plugin Name screen to configure the plugin (not needed from the start).
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Defer Media” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added iframes deferring feature (video embedding via iframe or some another iframe types)
- Version 1.0