This WordPress plugin is a simple solution for GDPR compliance, working in tandem with Google Tag Manager exceptions.
Unlike other plugins which still use ‹implied opt-in›, this plugin is 100% GDPR compliant and allows the user to select the types of cookies they want enabled on your website.
- Once configured with Google Tag Manager, this plugin is 100% GDPR compliant.
- Give your users proper access to choose their cookies as required by GDPR.
- Customisable messages.
- Inherits theme styles where possible.
- Customisable colours and button classes to match your theme.
- Graceful animations to suit any website.
This plugin requires the site administrator to enable the exceptions correctly, otherwise the website is not GDPR compliant.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the
cookie-consent-gtmfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to \»settings > Simple Cookie Consent GTM\» to configure all settings.
- How do I configure Google Tag Manager to work with this plugin?
For full instructions, see our documentation online.
- Do I need to load in my Google Tag Manager code?
No, this plugin will load in your Tag Manager code.
No, but it won’t load in Google Tag Manager at all. This is intentional, as otherwise the user won’t be able to turn their cookies on or off. This is the safest solution in order to be GDPR compliant.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“GTM Cookie Consent” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “GTM Cookie Consent” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Removed problematic switch input.
- Fixed adding of both tracking and marketing cookies if not chosen in settings.
- Reloads page on acceptance of cookies / settings.
Fixed some minor styling issues. Better spacing on settings form.