Removes the WordPress version string from:
$wp_versionglobal variable (frontend only)
- Generator tag output (removed entirely)
- ‹Right Now› admin dashboard widget (non-admins)
- Admin dashboard footer (non-admins)
- Scripts and stylesheets enqueued without a version declared
- HTTP queries
- XML-RPC responses
- Bloginfo() calls
Also removes the update notice in the admin for non-admins.
- Activate the plugin through the ‹Plugins› menu in WordPress
- Will this make my install secure?
No. You still need to keep up-to-date with the latest WordPress version. This plugin will stop those less knowledgeable from finding out your version, but it is still possible to find this out.
Contributors & Developers
“Hide WordPress Version” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added removal of upgrade notice in admin for non-admins
- First public release