In WordPress development, sometimes it is needed to generate big databases with hundreds of thousands of posts/pages. Existing plugins can generate test content, but very slowly, with the usual rate of 1,000 posts per hour.
The Fast Post Generator plugin is able to generate millions of posts/pages in minutes.
- Plugin generates posts/pages with random content.
kagg-fast-post-generatorfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‹Plugins› menu in WordPress.
Can I contribute?
Yes, you can!
- Join in on our GitHub repository
Contributors & Developers
“KAGG Generator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“KAGG Generator” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “KAGG Generator” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Tested with WordPress 6.2.
- Improved plugin behaviour in admin.
- Fixed: item generation time now is properly distributed within default period.
- Added comments from not logged-in users.
- Added filter for item’s initial time shift.
- Added filter for comment’s random posts count.
- Added filter for comment’s random IPs count.
- Added filter for comment’s maximum nesting level.
- Added filter for comment’s nesting percentage.
- Added filter for comment’s max sentences.
- Added filter for random user’s count.
- Added filter for logged-in user’s percentage.
- Added filter for paragraphs in post.
- Added filter for words in title.
- Tested with WordPress 6.1.
- Fixed fatal error with WP 6.1 and SHORTINIT.
- Added generation of SQL files.
- Added generation of comments, with hierarchy.
- Improved posts generation, now with random date and author.
- Added generation of users.
- Tested with WordPress 6.0.
- Added ability to work on Linux servers.
- Added writing of all post fields initially created by WP Core for a post.
- Initial release.