[lastupdated] shortcode to display the date and/or time of the last update to a post or page. If used without any arguments, it will display the date in the format configured in the Settings > General tab. It supports several optional arguments: format, before, and after. These options allow you to change how the date/time is formatted and if anything should appear before or after the date/time is displayed.
- This plugin’s readme.txt file was generated by the bitacre Readme Generator for WordPress Plugins.
Donations are graciously accepted to support the continued development and maintenance of this and other plugins. We currently accept Paypal and kind words.
- Download the latest zip file and extract the
- Upload this directory inside your
- Activate ‹Literal Shortcode› on the ‹Plugins› menu in WordPress.
- Insert the shortcode in a post or page to return the date/time it was last modified.
- What is the shortcode?
You can use either
[lastupdate], they both work identically.
- What formatting options can I use
You can use any of the special date variables listed at this WordPress codex page. If you want to insert plain text (like the word «at» for instance) escape each letter with a backslash, \l\i\k\e \t\h\i\s.
- How do I insert this in theme files?
Just wrap the shortcode in
<?php do_shortcode( ); ?>. So to get the default display, just insert
<?php do_shortcode( [lastupdated] ); ?>
- Why did you make this?
Everyone likes a good shortcode!
- Can I change the shortcode?
Yes, just open
last-updated-shortcode.phpand add or change what text you want to trigger the shortcode in on of the arrays near the bottom. If this gets any kind of popularity, I’ll make that easier by adding an options page.
- Can you add this feature I just thought of?
Can I? Yes. Will I? Yes, if I think it would be a helpful addition. I’m trying to keep things clean and simple, but there’s always room for improvement, so let me know if you think a feature is lacking!
Contributors & Developers
“Last Updated Shortcode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Purely cosmetic update for WordPress 4.4
- First released version.
- There may still be bugs, but I can’t find any.