Your readers want your updates as quickly as possible, and we think we provide the easiest and the most flexible publishing environment to make that happen. Sometimes though, that’s just not enough.
When you’re covering a fast-paced event — the latest Apple unveiling, an F1 Grand Prix, or the Super Bowl — a full blog post for each individual update is a poor experience for your authors and your audience.
The WordPress.com VIP Liveblog Add-On was purpose-built to address these issues specifically.
Here’s what makes it special:
- Post updates right from the front-end of your site (no need to use the
- Viewers of your Liveblog get new entries served to them instantly and automatically, without needing to refresh their browser.
- Your authors can drag-and-drop photos right into the Liveblog area, without needing to navigate to separate browser tabs or windows.
- There’s no need for a separate site dedicated to liveblogging: every post can be a liveblog, even existing ones.
Check out our in-depth documentation.
If you’d like to check out the code and contribute, join us on github, pull requests are more than welcome.
- Upload the
liveblogfolder to your plugins directory (e.g.
- Activate the plugin through the ‹Plugins› menu in WordPress
- You can enable the liveblog on any post’s edit page
Contributors & Developers
“Liveblog” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Liveblog” has been translated into 6 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Liveblog” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Please see the changelog on Github.