This plugin is a simple plugin for ordering your posts totally by hand.
Change the settings via: WP Admin Panel » Settings » Order Posts Options
Start the plugin via: WP Admin Panel » Tools » Order Posts Manually
Drag and drop your posts in the order you like!
Running this plugin will actually change the CREATION- or MODIFICATION dates of your posts in the database, to change the display order.
It will swap some of the dates.
So, if you think the EXACT DATES of when a post was created and / or modified are more important than the order of the posts: DON’T USE THIS PLUGIN!
CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder, Eindhoven, The Netherlands – http://cagewebdev.com – http://rvg.cage.nl
Currently supported languages
- English [en_US] default, translated by Rolf van Gelder, CAGE Web Design – http://cagewebdev.com
- Dutch [nl_NL] translated by Rolf van Gelder, CAGE Web Design – http://cagewebdev.com
- Serbian [sr_RS] translated by Borisa Djuraskovic, Web Hosting Hub – http://www.webhostinghub.com
- Spanish [es-ES] translated by Andrew Kurtis, Web Hosting Hub – http://www.webhostinghub.com
Plugins by CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder
WordPress plugins created by CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder
NO WARRANTY, USE AT OWN RISK!
- Upload the Plugin to the
- Activate the plugin in the WP Admin Panel » Plugins
How do I run this plugin?
- WP Admin Panel » Tools » Order Posts Manually.
How do I change the options for this plugin?
- WP Admin Panel » Settings » Order Posts Options.
After reordering a post, the edit post icon disappears?
- You should save the changed order first (or discard the changes and reload the posts), after that, the icon returns.
Contributors & Developers
“Order Your Posts Manually” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- CHANGE: Some CSS changes
- CHANGE: Maintenance update
- CHANGE: Several minor changes
- NEW: You can edit the posts with an icon in the posts list now
- NEW: Option to show/hide edit links
- NEW: Option to show/hide excerpts
- CHANGE: Tags are removed from the excerpts
- NEW: The excerpt of the posts will be shown on mouseover
- BUG FIX: Top save changes button was not enabled on changes
- NEW: ability to filter on Custom Post Types at runtime
- CHANGE: many changes and improvements
- NEW: new option ‹Show drafts› added; show and order drafts too (optional)
- NEW: new option ‹Also allow editors to use this plugin› added
- CHANGE: several changes and improvements
- NEW: sticky posts now also can be re-ordered
- NEW: thumbnails of posts can be displayed in the list (optional, via settings)
- CHANGE: total revamp of the code + many improvements
- CHANGE: made the role for running the plugin and changing the options the same (‹manage_options›)
- CHANGE: added a link to the settings page on the main plugin page
- CHANGE: some ‹cosmetic› changes
- BUG FIX: bugs fixed for ajax calls
- NEW: filter posts on a category (optional)
- CHANGE: languages moved to the ‹languages› directory
- CHANGE: stylesheet moved to the ‹css› directory
- CHANGE: several minor updates and improvements
- NEW: custom post type support for ordering (default: post)
- NEW: plugin has been fully localized
- NEW: dutch language support [nl_NL] added
- NEW: serbian language support [sr_RS] added
- NEW: spanish language support [es_ES] added
- CHANGE: some bug fixes
- CHANGE: many changes and bug fixes
- NEW: added ‹infinite scroll› to the posts
- NEW: posts are now paginated
- NEW: number of posts shown per page can be configured via a new option
- CHANGE: some minor changes
- NEW: sticky posts are shown separately and cannot be moved anymore
- CHANGE: some minor changes
- Initial release