PressPlay Lite offers music lovers the easiest way to play MP3s on their WordPress site. Simply insert a link to an MP3, and PressPlay Lite will automatically prepend a play/pause button. New Play/Pause button uses IonIcons and automatically resizes to match the font size of your mp3 link. It can be easily customized with CSS. PressPlay Lite is powered by an extremely slimmed-down version SoundManager 2 (http://shillmania.com/projects/soundmanager2). The simplicity of PressPlay Lite empowers end-users to manage their own audio and rest assured that their guests can listen from any browser on any device.
- A CSS-designed Play Button, immediately left of any MP3 link.
- Flash-free MP3 playback when supported (jQuery)
- Flash fallback for MP3 support when needed
PressPlay Lite works like any standard WordPress plugin, and requires zero configuration.
Whenever installing or upgrading any plugin, or even WordPress itself, it is always recommended you back up your database first!
- If installing, go to Plugins > Add New in the admin area, and search for PressPlay.
- Click install, once installed, activate and you’re done!
Once installed, a play button will appear to the left of any MP3 link. You can choose to label the link from within the ‹‹ or outside of it.
For example: either ‹Song Title‹ or ‹ Song Title› will work. Choose one or the other!
- When upgrading, visit the plugins page in your admin area, scroll down to events manager and click upgrade.
- WordPress will help you upgrade automatically.
Contributors & Developers
“PressPlay Lite” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- First launch!
- New Play/Pause Button using IonIcons
- Fixed a bug-a-boo
- Simplified CSS