Allow your users/students to keep track of their progression in your site. They can click a ‹Completed› button on pages where tracking is activated which gives them a visual guide when thry return to the site as to where they left off. Also provides handy ‹Next› and ‹Back› buttons within a set of sub pages (think topic pages), as well as a ‹quick jump› list so they can quickly visit any page in that topic. All of this can be customised.
How to Use
– When creating a new page or editing an existing one, tick the ‹Enable tracking› option in the Page attributes settings.
– Any sub pages created with this as a parent will be tracked. A mini menu indicating current progression is shown at the top of the parent page.
– This only works for logged in users!
– Location of the next / back buttons (top or bottom)
– Location of jump menu (top or bottom or not shown)
– Change the button text
– Change the button image
– Widget showing progress or sub pages mini menu
- Extract the zip file and copy contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation
- Activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
- How do I customise the buttons?
You can customise the plugin in Tools > Progress Tracker
- Why aren’t the buttons appearing?
Buttons only appear for logged in users – check you’re logged in!
Contributors & Developers
“Progress Tracker” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Progress Tracker” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Division by zero and thickbox fix
- Fixed for Gutenberg
- Bug fix for reset progress
- Added shortcode option for toggler on DIVI themes
- Options for removing numbers
- Option for auto marking progress as complete
- Users can now reset progress
- Mini Menu added to the tracker widget
- Can now add tracker widget
- Can now change Click here to start button text
- Can now add the mark as read button at top or bottom of the page
- Added shortcode for displaying current user’s progress.
- Added Page Summary tab that shows percentage of users that have completed each page.
- Fixed the switch operation on the frontend.
- Initial Release