The ResOnline Booking Gadget allows registered Hotels, Motels, Caravan Parks and other Accommodation Businesses to embed a relatively user-friendly booking widget directly on their website.
This plugin simplifies the process of embedding the ResOnline Booking Gadget by adding a simple shortcode to WordPress, allowing you to add the ResOnline Booking Gadget to any page, post or CPT on your site using:
ResOnline Booking Gadget Lite
- Embed a Booking Gadget on any Page, Post or CPT on your site
- Set your default currency
- Set a default search layout (horizontal or vertical)
- Switch image previews / thumbnails on and off
- Override default settings at a shortcode-level
ResOnline Booking Gadget Pro
- All of the free versions› options, plus…
- Set the default number of days / columns displayed
- Change the default Room Name label
For ease of use and flexibility, this plugin’s shortcodes can be added with practically no options; however most functional options can be used and / or overridden at a shortcode level (including the Columns and Room Label options)
At a minimum, the Hotel ID must be supplied in order to «pick up» the correct Booking Gadget. So, if you have the Hotel ID 12345, the corresponding short code would be:
Additional Parameters / Overrides
The following parameters can be added to the Standard or Pro version of the short code to override the default features:
Any three-letter ISO currency code available to the vendor (eg AUD, USD, IDR, etc)
Layout override. Either horiz for the Wide / Horizontal Layout or vert for the Tall / Vertical Layout
Set to true to display preview images / thumbnails, or false to hide image previews
The default number of columns to display, when showing a Booking Gadget in Wide / Horizontal Layout mode
The label to show (eg, Rooms, Apartments, Cabins, etc)
Example Shortcode Overrides
Different default currency:
[resonline id="12345" currency="GBP"]
Force a horizontal layout:
[resonline id="12345" layout="horiz"]
[resonline id="12345" show-images="false"]
Reduce columns for a narrow layout:
[resonline id="12345" columns="5"]
Display a custom room label:
[resonline id="12345" label="Yurts"]
A combination of options:
[resonline id="12345" currency="USD" layout="vert" label="Houseboats"]
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/resonline-booking-gadgetdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‹Plugins› screen in WordPress
- Navigate to WordPress Dashboard => Settings => ResOnline to cusotmise the settings
- Can I style the Booking Gadget
Yes, but it’s a bit fiddly. You will need to add custom CSS to your child theme.
Styling options will be coming in a later version of this plugin.
- Can I customise «Pro» features on the free version
Yes, you can. This is done at the shortcode level, eg
[resonline id="123456" columns="12"].
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“ResOnline Booking Gadget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Temporarily locked Pro features ON while an issue with the software licencing platform is being sorted
- Updated method used to connect to the verification server
- Added input sanitisation
- Added output escaping
- Initial build