Automatically show star ratings from Facebook and Yelp both in Google Search Results using Schema & Structured Data, and as a widget on your website.
This plug-in helps you:
- Get more clicks from search engines by automatically showing your star ratings from Facebook and/or Yelp in the actual search results on the web pages of your choice.
- Build trust for website visitors by proudly displaying those same star ratings as badges prominently on your site using short codes.
- Integrate Facebook Reviews by simply pasting your Facebook URL
- Integrate Yelp Reviews by pasting your Yelp URL along with your free API key
- Easily pick one or many Pages and/or Posts you’d like to include the Schema information so that Google might display it.
- Facebook Badge – A short code to display your Facebook Badge with your star rating and number of reviews. Clicking it takes you to your Facebook page.
- Yelp Badge – A short code to display your Yelp Badge with your star rating and number of reviews. Clicking it takes you to your Yelp profile.
- Online Review Badge – A short code to display and average online star rating and total number of reviews.
- Schema and Widget Preview – Shows you what the search result and a badge looks like before you integrate them.
For suggestions on how to get more online reviews visit Feedback Automatic.
Installation is straight forward
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/starreviewsdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‹Plugins› screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Star Reviews screen to configure the plugin
- Select source for rating and review aggregation by entering a yelp and/or facebook URL
(Note: If yelp is entered an app/api key must be provided in the Integration tab, see more information here: https://www.yelp.com/developers/documentation/v3/authentication )
- Do you support Facebook Reviews?
- Do you support Yelp Reviews?
- Do you support Google Reviews / Google My Business?
Not yet but it is being developed.
- Do you support Facebook Recommendations?
No, it is different than reviews although they are similar.
- Do you use Schema and Structured Data?
Yes, the plug-in both pulls this information and redisplays it on your own site.
- Do you have short codes?
Contributors & Developers
“Star Ratings” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Yelp query updated to leverage WP HTTP API
- Plugin no longer dependant on external libraries
- Initial Release