- Sharing – Visitors can now click the share button to email, tweet, facebook, and embed your tracks around the web.
- Commenting & Favoriting – Visitors can now comment and favorite tracks right from Stratus.
- Tracklist – Double-click any blank space on the player to unveil a tracklist.
- Pop-up Player – Visitors can now popup your player and continue listening to tunes while they browse your site.
Who’s Using It?
Here’s some examples of Stratus in the wild. Want to get added to the list? Send me an email.
Got a suggestion? Found a bug? Deployed the player on your site? Let me know @leemartin.
Here’s a quick installation guide on installing Stratus on your WordPress:
- Install the WordPress plugin which adds an admin interface for setting up the player, by searching for stratus in Plugins > Add New within your WordPress admin interface.
- Once installed, go activate the plugin on the Plugins page in your WordPress admin interface.
- When activated, click Settings on the Stratus plugin listing on the Plugins page and define your settings.
- Can I keep Stratus playing even when the page reloads?
Not currently. Your site would need to be built so that it doesn’t reload rather than the player. However, we do provide a popup function that users can click to enjoy your tunes while browsing your site.
- How can I make YouTube videos appear below Stratus?
The trick is adding
?wmode=transparentto each of your YouTube videos. That will force the YouTube embed to appear below Stratus as it should.
Contributors & Developers
“Stratus” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Let’s get it on.