Updraft – Backup/Restore is a plugin designed to back up your WordPress blog. Uploads, themes, plugins, and even your DB can be backed up to Rackspace Cloud Files, Amazon S3, sent to an FTP server, or even emailed to you on a scheduled basis. Plus, restoring is just a click away! Catch new releases and other information about my plugins by following @reaperhulk on Twitter.
Copyright 2010 Paul Kehrer This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
- Upload updraft/ into wp-content/plugins/
- Activate the plugin via the ‹Plugins› menu.
- Go to the ‹Updraft› option under settings.
- Follow the instructions.
I found a bug. What do I do?
Contact me! This is a complex plugin and the only way I can ensure it’s robust is to get bug reports and fix the problems that crop up. Please include as much information as you can when reporting (PHP version, your blog’s site, the error you saw and how you got to the page that caused it, et cetera).
Contributors & Developers
“Updraft” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
v0.6.1 – 2/27/2011
- Fixed local backups not deleting in certain cases
v0.6 – 7/27/2010
- Added blog name to backup names
- Fixed a short tag and private declaration that caused issues activating the plugin for some users.
v0.5 – 6/17/2010
- First public release!
- Fixed up WP_Filesystem calls for restoration and deletion of -old directories.
- Too many other improvements to count.
- Resumed work now that 3.0 is almost out. 3.0 required due to some bugs present in 2.9 around the WP_Filesystem chmod.
v0.3 – 2/5/2010
- Rewrote restore functionality to use WP_Filesystem classes. (still needs work)
v0.2 – 1/14/2010
- Partial restore functionality (DB restore not yet functional)
- Improved UI
- Improved error handling
v0.1 – 1/2/2010
- Initial versioning. Seeded 1/12/2010 to testers.