WP Dashboard Chat allows admins to communicate via a widget which displays on the Admin Dashboard. It’s perfect for quickly getting messages out to all your sites writers or having a formal meeting. Features include, @ mentions and replies, live updating, Gravatar support, auto-linking and HTML formatting. Many more coming soon!
- Upload the ‹wp-dashboard-chat› folder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory or install via the wordpress plugins directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‹Plugins› menu in WordPress
- Visit the Dashboard home page to start using the plugin
- Is the chat live?
Yes! Well, pretty close to it. As of now, it updates every few seconds.
- Can I set the minimum user level who can see the chat?
Not yet, but in a version coming very soon, you will be able to.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Dashboard Chat” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed issue where chat would only show 10 recent messages
- Database collation, engine and character set updated
- Chat now makes use of HTML5 data attribute
- Improved language and text format support
- Unsafe HTML now escaped
- Getting closer to an options screen
- Posting messages should now be faster
- Tweaked a few small things and tested updating
- Redesigned UI
- Abstraction of code
- Compatibility with jQuery 1.7