“WordPress Rainbow Hilite” is no longer maintained. If you are interested in taking over the plugin, please leave a notice in the [github issues](https://github.com/mcguffin/wp-rainbow-hilite/issues).
If you like to use
Code syntax Highlighting. Documentation can be found here.
- Highlighted code can be copy-pasted directly out of the site. No «view raw» button needed.
- User friendly TinyMCE integration.
- Many programming languages supported.
Currently supported languages by Rainbow are
There are some Hooks implemented allowing you to load your own language modules. Details here.
Latest files on GitHub.
The plugin offers some filters to allow themes and other plugins to hook in.
See GitHub-Repo for details.
Follow the standard WordPress plugin installation procedere.
- I found a bug. Where should I post it?
Everything else can either go into the Support forum, or in the WP-Rainbow Repo.
- I’d like to suggest a feature. Where should I post it?
I personally prefer GitHub. The plugin code is here: GitHub
(See above as well.)
- I want to use the latest files. How can I do this?
Use the GitHub Repo rather than the WordPress Plugin. Do as follows:
1. If you haven’t done so: Install git
2. in the console cd into Your ‹wp-content/plugins› directory
3. type ‹git clone email@example.com:mcguffin/wp-rainbow-hilite.git›
4. If you want to update to the latest files (be careful, might be untested on Your WP-Version) type ‹git pull›.
- I found a bug and fixed it. How can I let You know?
Either post it on the GitHub-repo or—if you cloned the repository—send me a pull request.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Rainbow Hilite” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Fix PHP Fatal Error
Get rid of concating assets in PHP (use a Script optimizer plugin instead)
Introduce new release pipeline
Localization: Move de_DE to translate.wordpress.org
Fix: Safer script loading
Fix: Scripts now are correctly minified by Autoptimize.
Fix: Load rainbow css after theme css
l10n: Change plugin textdomain to plugin slug.
JS Fix: play nice with prevoisly declared document.onreadystatechange callbacks.