Consider the 8 default post statuses that WordPress uses by default:
* Publish: Viewable by everyone. (publish)
* Future: Scheduled to be published in a future date. (future)
* Draft: Incomplete post viewable by anyone with proper user role. (draft)
* Pending: Awaiting a user with the publish_posts capability (typically a user assigned the Editor role) to publish. (pending)
* Private: Viewable only to WordPress users at Administrator level. (private)
* Trash: Posts in the Trash are assigned the trash status. (trash)
* Auto-Draft: Revisions that WordPress saves automatically while you are editing. (auto-draft)
* Inherit – Used with a child post (such as Attachments and Revisions) to determine the actual status from the parent post. (inherit)
A typical publishing workflow would be:
But what then?
Private? These seem inadapted.
This is where the Unpublished (unpublish) post status provided by this plugin comes into play.
It allows content publishers to assign a dedicated status to content they desire not to be published, and avoid assigning a semantically inaccurate status.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/unpublishdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‹Plugins› screen in WordPress
- What happens when I deactivate the plugin?
When deactivated, all the posts maked Unpublished are not accessible anymore in the wordpress Admin Dashboard.
- What happens when I uninstall the plugin?
When uninstalled, all the posts maked Unpublished are marked Private.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Unpublish” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Unpublish” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix warning on non-post edit pages
- WC tested up to: 3.9.2
- Bump version and support notice for WordPress 5.0
- First version