Yelp has become indispensable for anyone that owns a business (regardless if you have a website or not). The Yelp Bar is a very easy & non-intrusive plug-in that shows the Yelp Ratings & Reviews for your business at the top of the page (same as HelloBar, doesn’t stick). It provides your business with credibility, as visitors are quickly reassured through the rating & reviews provided by other users.
- See it in action on our Pubforce Theme.
- Works on any Theme without any customization.
- Provides your website with instant credibility.
- Conforms to strict Yelp display requirements.
- Adds 2 queries when active.
- API is only called every 12 hours (unless settings page is accessed, in which case the data is refreshed).
- Settings & Transient API are used to store data.
Other interesting stuff:
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
yelpbarfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‹Plugins› menu in WordPress
- Go to the options panel under the ‹Settings› menu and add your API data and other settings.
- Don’t forget to rate if you like or dislike it!
- Can I run this plugin on any theme?
Yes, this sits at the top of a theme independently regardless of color or texture. The red border was also added in case of a white background. This helps give the bar its own individual look.
- Is it easy to setup?
By all means, all you need to do is sign-up for a Yelp API key (from the link provided within the settings) and enter the phone number of your business.
- The Yelp Bar is activated but not showing up?
Please make sure you’ve emptied your cache if you’re using any sort of caching tool.
- Why aren’t there any styling settings?
Whilst you can always edit the plug-in code & related files, Yelp has a strict display code which this plugin abides by. Out of respect for these API conditions, I’ve not created any detailed customization settings.
Contributors & Developers
“Yelp Bar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Tested for 3.4
- Added more countries
- Tested for 3.3.1
- CSS Fixes
- Tested for 3.2.1 (no issues)
- Enhanced for IE7
- Initial Release