This plugin gives you the ability to automatically generate a title for your post, when upon publishing no title has been given.
- The title is generated by the first sentence of the post;
- Few simple settings on a dedicated page will allow you to specify the criteria for this to happen (see screenshot);
- It naturally influences what the permalink will be like (if you use
- You can decide to generate a title also when editing a post, again if the title is deliberately left empty.
This plugin is a must if you use WordPress posting content in one click and not looking back, and, in general, if you do not want –or care– to give titles to your posts, but you want the post permalinks to be a little more meaningful than just numbers.
- Activate the plugin through the ‹Plugins› menu in WordPress
- Check the option page in Settings > Autotitle
- No questions so far?
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Autotitle for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Added a limit setting regardless the presence of a stopper.
Fixed a problem with titles being generated when saving drafts even when «enable only when publishing» was selected.
Hopefully corrected a problem that would cause the media uploader not to work. Also made minor fixes to the code.
the plugin is created.