Show the world how you use the command line with this plugin. Designed for tech blogs, tutorials and sections
where terminal commands matter.
This plugin, make a shortcode: [simterm][/simterm] and shows the text inside as in a terminal session, including
some typing animation and separating user input and program output.
By defaults commands have a $ symbol as the first character of the line and user input has the > (greater than)
You can also specify the color of the line using ##red## , ##blue## , ##green## or ##yellow## or even a custom
delay for this line with ##delay=[ms]## with the amount of milliseconds to sleep.
- Upload the plugin files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‹Plugins› screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->SimTerm Settings screen to configure the plugin
- In your post enter [simterm][/simterm] shortcode to start a terminal session
- I will update it when questions come
Contributors & Developers
“SimTerm” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “SimTerm” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Updated show your terms script. Fixed a bug on empty lines
- Bug fix for older WordPress versions
- Main JS update, now supports:
- copy to clipboard (whole term or just a line with double click)
- status bar (use nostatusbar class to return to the default behaviour)
- no animate settings (window won’t be animated by default)
- Ubuntu terminal theme
- Blue theme (It was implemented in SimTerm, now it is in showyourterms)
- Terminal won’t replay automatically on mouse over.
- Compatibility with WordPress 4.7
- Setting to enable/disable automatic animation (default enabled)
- Setting to enable/disable statusbar (default disabled)
- Shortcode settings (animate=»1/0″ , statusbar=»1/0″) to apply to individual terms
- Updated translations
- Main JS update, now supports pause on lines
- Ability to change theme in the shortcode [simterm theme=»dark»]…[/simterm]
- < and > are now visible.
- Plugin translated 100% to Spanish
- WP 4.2 is now the least compatible version
- More config options: window title, typing speed, several new delays and character fixing for HTML output and WordPress.
- Title is an attribute of shortcode too.
- Fixed commands with extra attributes ##xxx## weren’t properly recognised.
- New ##speed## option for lines to specify typing speed.
- Version tagged 0.2
- Added translations
- Initial version